Make the perfect summer getaway dress with our latest do it yourself close knit jersey dress
• 1.5 yards of knit fabric.
• Matching thread : Pro tip: Use good quality thread, like Gutermann. Whatever you do, do not use the ones from the discount bin that marked 5 for $1.00.
• ½ yard of ½” wide elastic
Size S: Bust 34” Waist 30.5” Hip 34”
Size M: Bust 35” Waist 33” Hip 37”
Size L: Bust 38” Waist 37” Hip 41”
Your seam allowance is ½”
For the purpose of these instructions, I will assume you may not have a serger/overlock machine to use for sewing knit fabric; Instead, use your zig zag stitch or stretch stitch setting (if your machine has one) to assemble this garment. If you do have a serger/overlock machine, then do use this to sew your seams (but not for hemming).
Create the elastic casing at the back
Insert the elastic through the casing.
• For size M, cut your elastic 15”
• For size L, cut your elastic 16”
Make the braided straps
Stitch the braided straps to the front shoulder.
Stitch the front facing to the front of the dress
Stitch the front dress and back dress together.
• Try the dress on to check the fit of the dress. Make any necessary adjustments if needed.
• Pin the strap to the center back of the dress during the fitting to make sure the strap is the appropriate length for your body.
Hem the dress.